Subject: Re: Intel Access Library for IXP425
To: Franck Baudin <>
From: Jason Thorpe <>
List: port-arm
Date: 01/14/2004 13:47:28

On Jan 14, 2004, at 9:14 AM, Franck Baudin wrote:

> I've looked for Intel Access Library for IXP425 in src tree, and I
> found nothing. This library is mandatory to access ethernet devices
> integrated in IXP425.

Correct.  The Intel Access Library for IXP425 is not in the source tree.

> So, I've got 3 questions :
> - did I miss something ?

Nope, you're exactly right.

> - did anyone already use ethernet on IXP425 boards (NOVATEC NTNP425B,
> Intel IXDP425, ADI Coyote) with NetBSD ?

Wasabi has NetBSD ports to several IXP425-based boards that support the
IXP4xx Ethernet and the IXP4xx crypto processor.

> - It seems that Wasaby already ported Intel Access Library on NetBSD
> but did not commit the code
> ( ) ... Am I wrong ?

The Intel Access Library for IXP425 requires a license from Intel, and
thus cannot be contributed to the public NetBSD sources.

         -- Jason R. Thorpe <>

content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (Darwin)