Subject: Re: NetBSD/arm on Intel XScale PXA255 based board
To: None <port-arm@netbsd.org>
From: Hiroyuki Bessho <bsh@grotto.jp>
List: port-arm
Date: 12/11/2003 20:13:14
"Ian Zagorskih" <ianzag@megasignal.com> writes:

> Hey all,
>
> I'm willing to get several PXA255 based boards from CompuLab. Hardware
> description is available at http://www.compulab.co.il/armcore.htm
>
> Vendor officially supports only Linyx, VxWorks and Windows CE. And i want to
> run NetBSD 1.6.1 or -current. Maybe some netbsd-arm guru could consult me a
> bit how hard it will be to flash NetBSD on this board ? Just i'v never tried
> NetBSD/arm port before.

  PXA255 CPU and its built-in peripherals (except USB slave) are
supported by NetBSD.  You can start from the kernel for Intel Lubbock.

  PCMCIA is supported but you'll need to write some code for power
supply to the cards, etc.  Other external I/Os are connected via
"Interface Bridge (option B)", so I can't tell how hard it is without
more information.  I don't think that kind of things can't be too
complicated, though.

--
bsh.