Subject: change arm link address?
To: None <port-arm@NetBSD.org>
From: Chris Gilbert <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 10/23/2003 10:13:24
Just browsing over the pmap code, and noticed this comment:
* o If the vector_page is at 0x00000000 instead of 0xffff0000, then
* MP systems will lose big-time because of the MMU domain hack.
* The only way this can be solved (apart from moving the vector
* page to 0xffff0000) is to reserve the first 1MB of user address
* space for kernel use only. This would require re-linking all
* applications so that the text section starts above this 1MB
I know that currently we don't do MP on arm, there was some work done to
support hydra MP, and long term I believe that arch v6 chips will
support SMP (although I'd guess they can remap the vector table)
However I was wondering if NetBSD 2.0 would be a good day time to do