Subject: siginfo changes Q
To: None <>
From: Allen Briggs <>
List: port-arm
Date: 10/18/2003 12:33:15
There seems to be an inconsistency in the siginfo changes for arm.
The C library uses a 'version' of 0, 1, or 2, depending on the path
into the signal code.  So a running -current kernel could see any
of those versions coming in through sigaction().  The kernel checks
the version number, calling sendsig_sigcontext() if the version is
< 2, otherwise calling sendsig_siginfo().  This seems OK, except
that it does that check only if COMPAT_16 is defined.  And it only
includes the sendsig_sigcontext if COMPAT_13 or COMPAT_16 is defined.

It seems to me that we should be either:

	1) unconditionally including sendsig_sigcontext() and
	   unconditionally doing the check in sendsig(), or

	2) only sending siginfo-style signals from userland in

 Allen Briggs
 Wasabi Systems, Inc.