Subject: IXM12000's endianess
To: 'port-arm@NetBSD.org' <port-arm@NetBSD.org>
From: Hsu, Cheng-Hsin (Cheng-Hsin) <chs@lucent.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 08/21/2003 13:56:51
Hi All,

	Several questions:
	1) We only have the old evaluation platform, which is IXP12EB. Can I use IXM1200 port on this platform? I guess I need to change some # defines like KERNEL_VM_BASE and KERNEL_VM_SIZE in ixm1200_machdep.c. Am I right?
	2) Can I compile IXM1200 kernel by the following command?
	./build.sh -a armeb -m evbarm kernel=~/NetBSD/src/sys/arch/evbarm/conf/IXM1200
	3) I can get an image by previous command, and load it to our customized IXP1240 board. However, before 'cpu_setup(ixp12x0_setup)', my console printf is interleaved. This is apparently caused by wrong endianess setting. After cpu_setup, I can get correct output thru on-chip UART. I think this is because the cpu_setup sets the 7th bit of register 15? Is this behavior normal? (It might be observed by turning on VERBOSE_INIT_ARM option).

	Please give me some hints. Thank you!

Regards,
Bear.