Subject: Re: Xscale panic on prefetch abort handler
To: None <joshuah@synology.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 06/25/2003 07:37:25
On Wednesday, June 25, 2003, at 04:30  AM, Jaw-Shiang Joshua Huang
wrote:

> However, I did boot it successfully at my first time.  But after the
> only one successful boot, now it always hits panic like below.  Should
> I look for some patch in NetBSD CVS server?  Or what else I can do for
> the board? Or I have done something stupid to make it panic always(my
> modification? ide driver setting? or what else?)?

Hm, I have never seen a problem like this one.  I can't help but wonder
if your board is flaky (also possibly indicated by the non-working
Ethernet).  You might want to consider RMA'ing it with Intel.

However, before you do that, I would suggest also making sure the PCIX
configuration is correct.  Remember that the IQ80321 does not
automatically reduce the PCIX bus speed if a non-PCIX device is plugged
into the slot.  You must manually set the bus to PCI-33, PCI-66, or
PCIX-66, based on the lowest-common-denominator on the PCIX bus.
Consult the IQ80321 manual for the switch settings for the various
modes.

And finally, you might want to try a -current kernel on your board; the
VM code for ARM/Xscale has been significantly improved in -current, and
many bugs were fixed.