Subject: Re: Splitting sa1111 support codes.
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
From: None <bsh@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm
Date: 04/28/2003 04:45:09
Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org> writes:

> In generally, this sounds right. However, I notice that you don't correct
> the mistake of the old NetBSD code that assumes that
>
> SA110y mostly== SA111y
>
> This is not the case, and I suggest that you move away from shared files
> unless your reading of the documentation shows you that there really are
> shared structures. At least in new files.
>
> (Well, if this is doable easily at the same time.)
>
> I (or Uwe) will do this one day anyway for SA1100/01 support. E.g., some
> HPCARM are SA1100 based. So it would save us effort if it was done right
> now.

  Thank you for the comment.

  My main concern for now is to make our codes better for systems that
have SA1111 and non-StrongARM CPUs.  For shared files, basically I'm
just splitting, and not modifying the functionalities.

  Please let me know if there is something in my patch that breaks
current state of SA1111/1101 support, or conflicts with your plan
for SA1100/01 support.

  BTW, I couldn't find any SA110[01] specs on www.intel.com.  Can
anyone send them to me?

Regards,