Subject: Re: Splitting sa1111 support codes.
To: None <bsh@netbsd.org>
From: Robert Swindells <rjs@fdy2.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm
Date: 04/25/2003 11:55:15
bsh@netbsd.org wrote:
>  I want to modify some files under sys/arch/arm/sa11x0 as in
>following patch, so that common codes can be shared cleanly among
>hpcarm and other platforms that have SA1111 companion chip.

>  In the patch, I do:
>
>     + extract #ifdef hpcarm parts from sa1111.c and sa11x1_pcic.c,
>       leaving platform independent codes.
>     + add files under sys/arch/{hpcarm,evbarm} for platform dependent
>       part, for sa1111 attach routine and PCMCIA power control, etc.

>  I've tested the patch on an evbarm platform.  I also checked
>JORNADA720 kernel compiles ok with the change, but don't know it
>really works as I don't have jornada.  The kernel is available as
>ftp://ftp.grotto.jp/pub/netbsd/netbsd-JORNADA720.  Could someone
>please try it?

>  I'd also appreciate any comments on the patch.

I would prefer to leave sacc_intr() common and to clear GPIO signals
in the processor specific xxx_intr.c code. If someone can test a
jornada kernel I would like to commit this change soon.

How about creating processor specific attachment files as well as
platform specific ones ?

My local copy of sa1111.c contains several extra calls back to the
parent SA11x0 bus space handles to set up GPIO signals and the
TUCR clock. What are you needing to do extra on the Lubbock ?

The platform specific file would just set up the SDRAM type and
contain the power control function.

Robert Swindells