Subject: Re: Current kernel on SHARK panics when starting init
To: Steve Woodford <scw@wasabisystems.com>
From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha@arm.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 04/24/2003 12:39:52
> > On Thu, 24 Apr 2003, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
> >
> > > The link value in esigcode is from swi_entry, but the back-trace stops at
> > > esigcode.
> >
> > Is this with a new -current userland too?
> >
> > Cheers, Steve
> >

> Yes.  Everything except /etc and X.
>
> R.

Some progress.  If I boot with -a and use /rescue/init then I get a bit
further.  It would appear to be a dynamic linker problem, since I get an
assertion failure when trying to start /bin/sh (of course, if the same
assertion was occuring in init, then I'd get an abort there, which does
match what I'm seeing).

Failure is:

assertion "!_rtld_objself.pltgot && !_rtld_objself.textrel" in rtld.c line
159

R.