Subject: PXA250 support
To: None <port-arm@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Jones <rjones@enea.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 12/17/2002 15:53:16
Hello,
Sorry to barge in here - just got on the mailing list.

I've been looking for PXA250 support and below is the latest reference
I can find in the port-arm index.
I have 1.6 but am having trouble finding support for the PXA (yes, I admit,
I'm a bit of a newbie to NetBSD).  I guess that as much of the IO on the PXA
is
similar to the StrongARM, most of the code is shared.  However, there is
very little mention of PXA250 elsewhere.
Did this update make it to the general release?

If not, I would be interested to check out any pre-release.
I am working on a couple of Lubbock derivatives, that run WinCE currently.

Regards,
Richard Jones

Date: 05/03/2002 03:34:08
Hiroyuki Bessho wrote:

>   Hi,
>
>   I've just filed a PR for a new NetBSD port to Intel DBPXA250
>evaluation board. (port-arm/16617)  This is also a new port to
>an another XScale based processor, PXA2[15]0. (yes, this is that
>Thomas Asami asked recently.  Sorry for not having answered sooner)
>
>   It has many rough edges and the board has some peripherals yet to
>support.  I hope NetBSD developer with better knowledge take care of
>this port to clean up and get in the tree.
>
>   I also made a kernel binary available as
>       ftp://iwashi.grotto.jp/pub/netbsd-lubbock/netbsd.bin.gz
>If anyone has the ev-board, please give a try.

Thanks Bessho-san for your efforts. I hope it will commit into NetBSD
src soon :-) Thanks again!