Subject: Re: kernel bug?
To: Frank Wennmohs <frankw@bph.ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <reinoud@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm
Date: 12/13/2002 17:04:45
Hiya Frank,

On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 04:43:23PM +0100, Frank Wennmohs wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 03:45:44PM +0100, Reinoud Zandijk wrote:
> > Euhm... this is weird. I checked the PR database and couldn't find your PR
> > so prolly you only send it to me...
>
> Hmmm?
> But it showed up in the mailing-list of netbsd-bugs!
> Have a look at the archive of netbsd-bugs of the last few days.

Ah!!! you send it under `kern' ... i hadn't looked there; Euhm... normally
ppl. send PR's first to port-masters who then decide in wich catagory it
falls like kern or toolchain or so. But thanks for the PR :) (PR#19350)

> I am just a bit sceptical about -current, because the last complete
> -current system didn't even make it through the boot process.
> (was it 1.6K? i can't remember)

Might be the compiler trouble we had lately. You completely crosscompiled
the release you said? that ought to go OK in 1.6 so that ought not to be
the problem.

NetBSD-current normally works fine allthough some intermediate versions are
not guaranteed to work at all no. I'll check the newest -current for now
just in case.... euhm... a prefetch abort in non USR mode at 0x1fxxxxxx;
hmm... sounds like the kernel is addressing some memory that isnt mapped
in... that can be everything :( ... pmap problem propably and thats no
good.

I've forwarded it to port-arm and to Jason for he's more aware of current
ARM pmap troubles/developments

Cheers,
Reinoud