Subject: netwinder wscons
To: None <port-arm@netbsd.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: port-arm
Date: 09/24/2002 23:05:43
I have committed first cut at wscons support for netwinder.  igsfb
driver can now bring CyberPro in netwinder into a usable state.  Since
the driver was written for Krups JavaStation and since sparc has a
different approach to console attachment, there's no proper cnattach
for igsfb yet.  However Matt Thomas encouraged me to commit this
preliminary code.

It works for me for CyberPro 2000 with 4MB of memory.

To try out wscons, uncomment these lines in the GENERIC:

igsfb*		at pci? dev ? function ?
wsdisplay*	at igsfb? console ?

and tweak consinit() in sys/arch/netwinder/netwinder/netwinder_machdep.c
to not attach com console.  igsfb driver currently just attaches as
console unconditionally.  So kernel will start with console output
going to com and when igsfb is attached it will switch to screen.

The driver is hardcoded to do 1024x768, 8bpp, 60Hz.

The driver does not use acceleration yet, because on Krups I cannot
find a way to access card's graphic coprocessor (rumor is that it's a
bug in IGA1682 PCI implementation).  Since CyberPro uses memory-mapped
io this should not be an issue for netwinder so I will be able to work
on acceleration support.

If you are adventurous enough to try it, please drop me a note about
your success/problems.

SY, Uwe