Subject: Packages for Tremor and an ogg123 that builds against it
To: None <port-arm@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@dokein.co.uk>
List: port-arm
Date: 09/14/2002 21:27:10
Hi,

I've been playing with the ogg vorbis decoder tremor, which uses fixed point
maths, and has some arm asm routines in it.

I've packaged up the library and a version of ogg123 that builds against it
(and installs as igg123)

On my cats box I get real time decoding at about 30% of cpu 8)  which means
I can listen to ogg files on my cats, using USB audio speakers 8)

Note that the tremor lib is restricted to 16 bit, signed PCM host endian
output.  Phe packages work on my cats 1.6 release and i386 -current.

The only potential issue is that the tremor library is updated nightly, so
you may find that you'll need to rerun makesum/makepatchsum.

Anyone that wants to try it out, I've uploaded it to:
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/chris/

Cheers,
Chris