Subject: Re: a.out binaries under NetBSD 1.6
To: None <Richard.Earnshaw@buzzard.freeserve.co.uk>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm
Date: 09/12/2002 12:48:54
On Thu, 12 Sep 2002, Richard Earnshaw wrote:

> What does
>
> 	file /usr/lib/libc.so.12.62.1
>
> report?  If it is an a.out shared lib, then maybe it is confusing the emul
> search.  If it is, then try moving it to the emul subtree (12.62 sounds
> very old for an elf shared library).

The way that I upgraded my NC from a.out to ELF left a load of a.out
libraries lying around in /usr/lib (basically those ones that didn't have
the same filename as their ELF replacements), and that doesn't seem to
have upset anything.  ldconfig prefers /usr/lib over /emul/aout/usr/lib,
so you get an odd mixture of library paths, but it's otherwise sensible
(and knows not to try to load ELF libraries or anything silly like that).

Portmaster, NetBSD/acorn26           <URL:http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/acorn26/>