Subject: Re: a.out binaries under NetBSD 1.6
To: None <>
From: Ben Harris <>
List: port-arm
Date: 09/12/2002 00:06:02
On Thu, 12 Sep 2002, Stefan Wuerthner wrote:

> So, the problem seems how to get the old libraries in /emul/aout recognised
> by the system...

Yes, and as far as I can see, there's no relevant difference between your
setup and mine, yet mine works and yours doesn't.

A few more things to try:

ldconfig -v
  This should list any a.out libraries you've got left in /usr/lib,
  followed by those in /emul/aout/usr/lib, but presumably won't in your

ldconfig -v /emul/aout/usr/lib
  So will _this_ manage to find them?

file /emul/aout/usr/lib/lib*.so.*
  They _are_ shared libraries, aren't they?

As you might guess, I'm fairly comprehensively mystified by this.

Portmaster, NetBSD/acorn26           <URL:>