Subject: Re: Problem with cross-compilation
To: John Clark <jclark@teamasa.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 08/26/2002 15:51:22
On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 12:43:46PM -0700, John Clark wrote:
> In 'biting the bullet', where can one find the documentation to create
> a bootable CD so as to install such an upgrade.

I expect there's documentation somewhere, but I don't know exactly
where....

I use something like:
	<have i386.tar as a .tar file of the i386 directory w/
	 INSTALL.*, binary, installation>
	mkdir master
	cd master
	tar xf ../i386.tar
	cd ..
	mkisofs -vRl -b i386/installation/floppy/boot-big.fs -c boot.catalog -o boot.iso master
        cdrecord -v dev=/dev/rcd0d speed=4 blank=fast boot.iso

(I have a CD-RW drive that burns CD-RW at 4X -- if you have a CD-R or
whatever, you can remove the "blank=fast" and modify speed=4 as
appropriate.)

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD development for Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SuperH, XScale, etc...