Subject: Re: Problem with cross-compilation
To: Andreas Schweigstill <>
From: Allen Briggs <>
List: port-arm
Date: 08/22/2002 11:26:44
On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 05:18:35PM +0200, Andreas Schweigstill wrote:
> i386 with NetBSD 1.5.3

OK.  With -current sources, you'll want to at least build a current
cross-toolchain with ' -t -m evbarm' or similar.  This will
give you a -current nbconfig and nbmake-evbarm, among other things.
If you use these, you should be in good shape.  There are other
useful options to give, BTW, and this should make your
cross-compilation much easier, on the whole.

> > Have you tried building a
> > current toolchain & set of host tools and using the latest config(8) ?
> Hmmm, no. I am using the cross toolchain and config of NetBSD 1.5.3.
> Is it neccessay to upgrade the host system to NetBSD 1.6 or -current, too?

It is necessary to upgrade some of the development tools.  I think
there is also an outstanding PR in GNATS that a full build of
-current from 1.5.3 will fail due to the host system lacking some
header files--this can either be hacked around (by installing the
required header(s) piecemeal, for example) or you can bite the
bullet and upgrade the host.

 Allen Briggs               Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD development for Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SuperH, XScale, etc...