Subject: Re: Problem with cross-compilation
To: Andreas Schweigstill <andreas.schweigstill@detewe.de>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 08/22/2002 11:26:44
On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 05:18:35PM +0200, Andreas Schweigstill wrote:
> i386 with NetBSD 1.5.3

OK.  With -current sources, you'll want to at least build a current
cross-toolchain with 'build.sh -t -m evbarm' or similar.  This will
give you a -current nbconfig and nbmake-evbarm, among other things.
If you use these, you should be in good shape.  There are other
useful options to give build.sh, BTW, and this should make your
cross-compilation much easier, on the whole.

> > Have you tried building a
> > current toolchain & set of host tools and using the latest config(8) ?
>
> Hmmm, no. I am using the cross toolchain and config of NetBSD 1.5.3.
> Is it neccessay to upgrade the host system to NetBSD 1.6 or -current, too?

It is necessary to upgrade some of the development tools.  I think
there is also an outstanding PR in GNATS that a full build of
-current from 1.5.3 will fail due to the host system lacking some
header files--this can either be hacked around (by installing the
required header(s) piecemeal, for example) or you can bite the
bullet and upgrade the host.

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD development for Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SuperH, XScale, etc...