Subject: Re: Problem with cross-compilation
To: Andreas Schweigstill <andreas.schweigstill@detewe.de>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 08/22/2002 08:25:17
On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 05:18:35PM +0200, Andreas Schweigstill wrote:

 > i386 with NetBSD 1.5.3
 >
 > > Have you tried building a
 > > current toolchain & set of host tools and using the latest config(8) ?
 >
 > Hmmm, no. I am using the cross toolchain and config of NetBSD 1.5.3.
 >
 > Is it neccessay to upgrade the host system to NetBSD 1.6 or -current, too?

No, that should not be necessary.  However, if you use the 1.6 or -current
sources, you should use the "build.sh" script at the top-level source dir
to build either the toolchain or the whole system.

Once that is done, you can then use the "nbconfig" program that appears in
the toolchain bin directory (see BUILDING at the toplevel) to configure
kernels for the cross environemnt (in this way, the tools used for the cross
envrionment are linked to the target sources, not the host).