Subject: Re: anyone seen port-evbarm-list?
To: Daniel Franke <dfranke@adwin.de>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 08/21/2002 12:24:47
On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 05:07:05PM +0200, Daniel Franke wrote:
> I have some iq80310/iq80312 related questions, majordomo doesn't know
> port-evbarm@netbsd.org (http://www.netbsd.org/MailingLists/#port-evbarm).
>
> I hope it's ok to post them here:

This is the place.  At least until traffic warrants another list,
if that ever happens.

>  * what do I need to get a netBSD working on my iq80310 (later iq80321)?

You need a board, a set of binaries, and a system to use to load a
kernel onto the board.  I run mine with an NFS root, so I use the
other system as an NFS/DHCP/TFTP server, too.  I run NetBSD on that
system and cross-build for evbarm.

>  * what documentation is available?

There are INSTALL documents with a binary snapshot.  There's also the
usual stack of NetBSD man pages, depending on what kind of docs you
need.

>  * has anyone ever made some performance measurements with iq80321
>    (maybe even iq80310?) and gigabit he would share?

We're looking at this at Wasabi Systems right now, but don't really
have any specific numbers to share yet.  What's your application?

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD development for Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SuperH, XScale, etc...