Subject: Re: anyone seen port-evbarm-list?
To: Daniel Franke <>
From: Allen Briggs <>
List: port-arm
Date: 08/21/2002 12:24:47
On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 05:07:05PM +0200, Daniel Franke wrote:
> I have some iq80310/iq80312 related questions, majordomo doesn't know
> (
> I hope it's ok to post them here:

This is the place.  At least until traffic warrants another list,
if that ever happens.

>  * what do I need to get a netBSD working on my iq80310 (later iq80321)?

You need a board, a set of binaries, and a system to use to load a
kernel onto the board.  I run mine with an NFS root, so I use the
other system as an NFS/DHCP/TFTP server, too.  I run NetBSD on that
system and cross-build for evbarm.

>  * what documentation is available?

There are INSTALL documents with a binary snapshot.  There's also the
usual stack of NetBSD man pages, depending on what kind of docs you

>  * has anyone ever made some performance measurements with iq80321
>    (maybe even iq80310?) and gigabit he would share?

We're looking at this at Wasabi Systems right now, but don't really
have any specific numbers to share yet.  What's your application?

 Allen Briggs               Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD development for Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SuperH, XScale, etc...