Subject: Re: harddisc preparation for netwinder
To: , <>
From: Matt Thomas <>
List: port-arm
Date: 06/26/2002 09:12:48
At 08:12 AM 6/26/2002, wrote:
>I want to install NetBSD on my netwinder.
>I already have another ARM-based NetBSD system up and running.
>Is it sufficient to put a new harddisc in my Shark, disklabel and newfs it
>unpack the netwinder snapshot on it and move it afterwards in my netwinder

Well, if you install the partition tables, add EXT2FS and
NetBSD MBR partition, and ...

>Or: do I need an ext2fs boot partition for the netwinder?

You will need ext2fs boot parition since the netwinder rom
doesn't know about UFS.

>Are there any other problems associated with this way of installation?

To tell you the truth, I've only booted over the network so far.

Matt Thomas               Internet:
3am Software Foundry      WWW URL: