Subject: Re: additional
To: James Taylor <>
From: Ben Harris <>
List: port-arm
Date: 06/06/2002 22:20:31
On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, James Taylor wrote:

> and also - what is the maximum throughput of the rockwell 6551 acia chip?

Now that I've got the data sheet in my hand, I think I can answer that.

The maximum clock rate specified for both receiver and transmitter is
2.5 MHz.  This gives a data rate of 156250 bit/s.

If you're only interested in the chip as installed in the Archimedes, then
you're stuck with the standard 1.8432 MHz crystal, which gets you
115200 bit/s.

Of course, I've not actually tested any of this.

Portmaster, NetBSD/acorn26           <URL:>