Subject: Re: How to boot netBSD on the Intel IQ80321 board ...
To: None <>
From: Hiroyuki Bessho <>
List: port-arm
Date: 06/05/2002 14:14:54
"David Francheski" <> writes:

> Can anybody help me with how to boot using netBSD?
> I~m not that familiar with RedBoot (perhaps it~s a simple matter).

  I don't have particular experience with IQ80321, but redboot should
work in the same way.

  If you download the binary over serial line, type

   RedBoot> load -m x -r -b 0xa0200000

then, start xmodem to transmit kernel binary. and type

   RedBoot> go 0xa0200000

to start NetBSD.

You can download gzipped binary for speed with -d option.

Also, you can download via TFTP if your redboot supports network.

   RedBoot> load -m tftp -r -b 0xa0200000 -d netbsd.bin.gz

You need to setup DHCP or BOOTP server and TFTP server for this to work.
Please refer to

For redboot's commands, see

I hope this helps.