Subject: Re: Shark again: playing mp3s
To: David Brownlee <abs@formula1.com>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 04/24/2002 10:01:17
On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 02:00:08PM +0100, David Brownlee wrote:

 > 	What are people using to play mp3s in their sharks?
 > 	Both mpg123 not mad cannot decode fast enough on my shark
 > 	running today's current (compiled with -mcpu=strongarm110).
 >
 > 	Even down to 'mpg123 -d 2 -h 2 -v -b 1024 -m -2 ...;

Err, the mp3 player in my livingroom is a Shark (with a little PS/2 wireless
keyboard -- need to get the IR on the Shark working so I can use a remote :-)

It has a local IDE disk, and I use madplay.  When I get a chance, I am
planning on doing some more work on mad123 has hacked up by Steve Woodford.

Anyway, the Shark works fine for playing my Greateful Dead and Phish
collection :-)