Subject: Re: Shark again: playing mp3s
To: David Brownlee <abs@formula1.com>
From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha@arm.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 04/24/2002 14:18:52
> 	What are people using to play mp3s in their sharks?
> 	Both mpg123 not mad cannot decode fast enough on my shark
> 	running today's current (compiled with -mcpu=strongarm110).
>
> 	Even down to 'mpg123 -d 2 -h 2 -v -b 1024 -m -2 ...;

I once hacked a version of AMP so that it would compile with c++, then
wrote a fixed-point class that could be used for all the floating point
arithmetic.  The final stage was to add

#define float	fixed_point

after the class was defined, so that all subsequent code used the class.

IIRC It uses about 50% of my SA110 RISC PC on a 44KHz stereo MP3.

I'm not sure if I've still got the source lying around.

R.