Subject: porting to a SA1100/1101 system
To: port-arm@netbsd.org <port-arm@netbsd.org>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: port-arm
Date: 01/28/2002 15:42:40
I've a system here that has a strongam SA1100 and sidekick (SA1101)
which really ought to be running netBSD :-)

However I'm not sure what state the netBSD kernel expects the system to
be in when it is entered, nor where it expects to be loaded.  (I realise
there are also a load of device drivers to get sorted as well.)

This system isn't running WinCE (it isn't put together the right way).
However I do have access to all the existing boot code, so could, for
instance, load a file image from the local flash filesystem into DRAM
before the MMU is enabled (it would be a lot faster if the mmu is on
though).

Is there any documenation lurking I should read? Or does anyone have any
useful hints?

Look to me like the existing ports - SHARK is PCI + openboot, hpcarm
boot from wince - aren't quite 'raw' enough for this device.

	David