Subject: Re: kernel for IQ80310 crashes...
To: None <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: John Clark <j1clark@ucsd.edu>
List: port-arm
Date: 01/15/2002 21:05:53
Am Dienstag den, 15. Januar 2002, um 20:16, schrieb Jason R Thorpe:

> Ah, okay, this is an actual IQ80310 board, then, rather than a board
> based on the IOP310 design?

Yes I'm starting with the offical IQ80310 before I venture onto my own.

> Note, it's unlikely that devices in the IQ80310 slots will work in any
> meaningful way, due to a fundamental design flaw in the IQ80310's
> interrupt
> routing logic.  Basically, the problem is that interrupts from those PCI
> slots can't be blocked without blocking *all* interrupts.  If you really
> need to be able to use those slots, then I'll see if there's something I
> can do to hack around the problem.

I don't 'need' them for my board, as my board has the interrupts coming
to our CPLD. The linux port does work with these board in. I'll look at
the
schematic and see if I can say why in 25 words or less...

>> I downloaded the image netbsd-fxp0 built straight from the cvs
>> archives,
>> burnt that into flash, then before the above
>> 'go' command, had copied it back out of flash into ram.
>
> Hm.  This is something I haven't tried yet -- I have just been loading
> the kernel from the network each time... I'll make sure this also works
> for me.
>
>> These are eval boards. But I think the doc says that copper gig-e
>> device
>> is 0x100d.
>> Do you have a fiber board?
>
> No, all my Cordova boards are copper (I have some i82544EI and i82544GC
> boards -- the EI boards are PRO/1000 XT Server Adapters, and GC boards
> are samples).

Well, I have on EI board and one GC board, and they have different
device id's...