Subject: Re: kernel for IQ80310 crashes...
To: John Clark <j1clark@ucsd.edu>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 01/15/2002 20:16:07
On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 08:02:25PM -0800, John Clark wrote:

 > > Hm, did you load this via the Ethernet, or copy it into flash and boot
 > > it from there?
 >
 > System setup:
 > Board: IQ80310
 > Backplane: (Cheating) ATX mother board with no CPU installed.
 > PCI Slots: 2 used: (arbitrary numbering):
 > Slot 1: LSI Logic PCI card with 53c1010 SCSI controler.
 > Slot 2: PCI card with Intel 82544GC Gigabit Ethernet.
 > (I'm not trying to get either of these PCI devices up at the moment,
 > hence
 > there should be no drivers in the kernel for them.)

Ah, okay, this is an actual IQ80310 board, then, rather than a board
based on the IOP310 design?

Note, it's unlikely that devices in the IQ80310 slots will work in any
meaningful way, due to a fundamental design flaw in the IQ80310's interrupt
routing logic.  Basically, the problem is that interrupts from those PCI
slots can't be blocked without blocking *all* interrupts.  If you really
need to be able to use those slots, then I'll see if there's something I
can do to hack around the problem.

 > I downloaded the image netbsd-fxp0 built straight from the cvs archives,
 > burnt that into flash, then before the above
 > 'go' command, had copied it back out of flash into ram.

Hm.  This is something I haven't tried yet -- I have just been loading
the kernel from the network each time... I'll make sure this also works
for me.

 > These are eval boards. But I think the doc says that copper gig-e device
 > is 0x100d.
 > Do you have a fiber board?

No, all my Cordova boards are copper (I have some i82544EI and i82544GC
boards -- the EI boards are PRO/1000 XT Server Adapters, and GC boards
are samples).

 > The memory starts at 0xa0000000, and I have 128 Megs rather than the 32
 > which is the 'stock' board.

Hm.  I'll get a 128M stick for mine and see if mine fails in the same way.