Subject: Re: RFC: Change SWI number base?
To: Ben Harris <>
From: Richard Earnshaw <>
List: port-arm
Date: 01/14/2002 12:28:58
> I don't think there will be many cases where we will need to call a SWI
> directly from thumb.  Indeed the only case I can readily think of is the
> compiler generating an IMB (for which it would be tricky to make it switch
> into and out of ARM mode).

Of course, an even cleaner solution would be to provide weak versions of

(note I've dropped the '32') directly in libc, so that the compiler can
just call the library function.

[ They have to be weak since they aren't part of posix -- maybe we should
also provide full symbols _arm_drain_writebuf etc that the compiler can
use as alternate entry points ]