Subject: Re: ARM ELF TODO list
To: None <>
From: Jason R Thorpe <>
List: port-arm
Date: 12/19/2001 17:28:18
On Thu, Dec 20, 2001 at 12:54:46AM +0000, Richard Earnshaw wrote:

 > I've just checked in code to enable this.  Please let me know (and file a
 > PR) if you find any problems with it.

Cool.  Is this stuff already in gcc-current, or are you going to commit
it to gcc-current soon'ish?

 > I've set the compiler up to do this as well.  We need to write kernel code
 > to fault these sequences on chips that can do so.

I can take a look at this -- the question is:

	* Do we want the kernel to optionally provide fixups for
	  unaligned loads on such systems?

	* Do we want the kernel to be verbose about the unaligned

The Alpha port has knobs for both of these things, for example.

        -- Jason R. Thorpe <>