Subject: Re: ARM ELF TODO list
To: None <port-arm@netbsd.org>
From: David Laight <David.Laight@btinternet.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 11/16/2001 18:23:50
> >  > > * (gcc) Ensure 8-byte stack alignment on function entry [rearnsha]
> >
> > Any guesses on how hard this will be to implement in the compiler?
>
> Non-trivial, at least.  The obvious #defines (STACK_BOUNDARY and
> PREFERRED_STACK_BOUNDARY) don't seem to do anything useful, anyway.

I'm sure I spotted something that implied that gcc already generated
8-byte aligned stack frames for SPARC (to do with interworking with
code compiled with one of the sun compilers).

So maybe it won't be too hard - if you know how gcc works!

(I've a strongarm/sidekick system here I might try to port netbsd to,
probably work better than the vxWorks port - less frustrating anyway)

    David