Subject: Re: do we use 26-bit mode?
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm
Date: 08/01/2001 10:29:20
On Wednesday 01 August 2001  6:51 am, Matt Thomas wrote:
>  From the "Migrating from the Intel SA-110 to Intel 80200 Processor"
> Application Note:
>
> The SA-110 supports 26-bit mode, the Intel 80200 processor does not.
>
> I assume we are using 32-bit mode, right? :)

yes, hence the original port being arm32, and the earlier acorns being arm26
;)  The actual machine code instructions are the same, it's mostly an address
space thing.

Note that I'm not sure of the exact point when the switch is made (if at all)
by the kernel.  I believe that it's really a bootloader issue...

Cheers,
Chris