Subject: Re: Shared library support for ARM ELF
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm
Date: 07/23/2001 10:47:56
On Sun, 22 Jul 2001, Matt Thomas wrote:

> Even better would be to get them shared completely.  But since they
> are drastically different, that might be difficult.  arm26 seems to
> use its own version of fp_state_t called fpframe.  arm32 uses
> fpe_sp_state_t.

That shouldn't be a problem.  The arm26 version was basically a
placeholder until I got round to doing proper FPA support, which I haven't
yet.

>  Both have different switch frames.

This might be slightly trickier, but there's no good reason why they need
to be different, I don't think.  It's just likely to need cpu_loswitch(),
or its equivalent on arm32, to be modified to use a common structure.
Come to that, the code should really be shared, but that's likely to be
rather more hassle.