Subject: Re: Shared library support for ARM ELF
To: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha@arm.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 07/20/2001 14:57:33
> On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
>
> > 64-bit stack alignment is the biggie.
>
> Have you found out what happened to ATPCS B-01 yet?  It would seem silly
> to implement stack alignment and then find out that ARM have no intention
> of mandating it any more.  In any case, I think it should be trivial to
> implement in the compiler (STACK_BOUNDARY?) and only slightly non-trivial
> in the kernel.

Yes, it's part of ADS 1.1 (which means it should be on the ADS evaluation
CD in one of the manuals -- you may need windows to read it ;-(.  I asked
this morning and was told that the Web site hasn't been updated yet.  I
think it just got lost in the queue due to people moving positions, so
I'll push again.

> > However, do you have an assignment filed with the FSF?
>
> I do, yes.

I know you do, but has Matt?

R.