Subject: Little .vs. Big endian on ARM
To: None <>
From: Matt Thomas <>
List: port-arm
Date: 07/19/2001 07:31:15
When we collpase the arm26/arm32 ports into a single port,
should it called arm or armel or armle?  I expect to see a
big-endian arm port before the end of the year so this is
actually a real issue.

I think armel/armeb are the right choices to follow the
mipse[lb] and sh3e[lb].

Matt Thomas               Internet:
3am Software Foundry      WWW URL:
Cupertino, CA             Disclaimer: I avow all knowledge of this message