Subject: /usr/include/machine
To: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
From: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp>
List: port-arm
Date: 07/13/2001 01:03:26
I move this thread from port-arm to tech-kern, because this is not arm
specific issue. Please remove port-arm on follow-up.

	Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk> said:

> I have just thought of one way around it, we have an arch and a platform
> symlink inside the arm dir, eg:
> /usr/include/arm
> 	acorn32
> 	arch -> arm26|arm32
> 	arm26
> 	arm32
> 	cats
> 	dnard
> 	netwinder
> 	platform -> acorn32|arm26|cats|dnard|netwinder

No.
/usr/include/arm/platform shouldn't exist,
And /usr/include/machine should point /usr/include/${MACHINE},
if arm ports follow the current NetBSD standard.

If you are thinking about directory hierarchy which are shareable
on same ${MACHINE_CPU}, you should use platform independent
mailing list rather than port-arm for the discussion.

I think arm ports should revive /usr/include/machine, at least until
consensus is made.
--
soda