Subject: Re: How to work around the machine includes...
To: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm
Date: 06/23/2001 01:04:35
On Saturday 23 June 2001 12:56 am, Ben Harris wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Jun 2001, Chris Gilbert wrote:
> > I've just tried building an uptodate current system, but it's failing due
> > to missing <machine/x.h> entries.  eg sys/param.h includes
> > machine/param.h
>
> Erm, in the organisation that Matt's set up (and that you're using on
> cats), I think that /usr/include/machine should be a symlink to
> /usr/include/arm.  "make includes" in sys/arch should do this:

Yes, I know it's new, so it's bound to have the odd teething problem, however
in the long run it should help as it means we don't need quite so many .h
files that just redirect at the arm ones.

> #
> # For true arm ports, we point machine at the architecure directory
> # since all the user include are there and are common.
> #
> .if ${ARCHSUBDIR} == arm && ${MACHINE} != arm32 && ${MACHINE} != arm26
> SYMLINKS= ${ARCHSUBDIR} /usr/include/machine
> .else
> SYMLINKS= ${MACHINE} /usr/include/machine
> .endif

currently /usr/include/machine -> /usr/include/arm, however arm doesn't have
endian.h or param.h in it, which are needed for doing a build.

Maybe it'll make more sense in the morning :)  (or when I finish playing with
map_ptes :)

Cheers,
Chris