Subject: Re: how to detect at runtime which system you're running on...
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm
Date: 06/20/2001 22:12:19
On Wednesday 20 June 2001 11:28 am, David Brownlee wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Chris Gilbert wrote:
> > Perhaps I should really have used ebsa as the arch dir name instead of
> > cats.
>
> 	Its between releases so now would be the time to change :)
>
> 	If simtec make any new machines which would be supported by
> 	this port would they be more cats or ebsa like?

Potentially neither, but they've not set anything in stone about what they
may or may not do.  I'd guess they're more likely to look at doing something
Xscale based, IE they've got an SA solution that they still sell so why
reinvent something :)

Technically the cats is an ebsa with an isa bus (I believe)   I'd assumed
that they were very different but they're not.  That said I don't know if
anyone uses/still makes ebsa boards with netbsd.  The other issue is that
I've got a cats, and can support a cats, and no-one seems to have admitted to
having an ebsa board, or being willing to support it.

Cheers,
Chris