Subject: Re: Splitting of CATS from arm32 into arch/CATS
To: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm
Date: 05/24/2001 01:19:22
On Wed, 23 May 2001, Chris Gilbert wrote:

> On Wednesday 23 May 2001 12:16 pm, Ben Harris wrote:
> > Ah, but they'll all be in different places.  We'll have
> > cats/sets/kern.tgz, acorn32/sets/kern.tgz, etc.
>
> Ok, so we then have a shared arm dir eventually for the other sets?

Eventually.  Look in NetBSD-1.5/shared/* to see the list.  At the moment,
comp has to be distinct because of header files (this should be fixed) and
base needs to be separate because of /dev/MAKEDEV (I think).

> > > Also on my list of things I've noticed while doing this is to make our
> > > in4_chksum use the asm chksum version we've got, as we're based on
> > > sparc's cksum stuff I'll update us to match those changes.
> >
> > Ooh yes, that would be excellent.
>
> Done, tested (probably not 100% thoughly, but a make depend and make of a
> kernel over NFS worked), checked in.

For network-type things, it's at least worth testing TCP (e.g. TELNET,
since NFS never uses odd-sized packets.