Subject: Re: Splitting of CATS from arm32 into arch/CATS
To: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm
Date: 05/23/2001 20:49:56
On Wednesday 23 May 2001 12:16 pm, Ben Harris wrote:
> On Wed, 23 May 2001, Chris Gilbert wrote:
> > On Tuesday 22 May 2001 11:39 am, Chris Gilbert wrote:
> > > Unless anyone has any objections I plan to start moving the CATS
> > > support into a seperate arch dir tonight.
> >
> > Ok I've done that part.  Be aware that I've enabled a lot more of the USB
> > drivers in the CATS generic kernel.
> >
> > Something this did raise is that we need to work out how to create
> > releases with the new arch dirs, as we'll end up with 5 or 6 kernels all
> > called GENERIC.
>
> Ah, but they'll all be in different places.  We'll have
> cats/sets/kern.tgz, acorn32/sets/kern.tgz, etc.

Ok, so we then have a shared arm dir eventually for the other sets?

> > Also on my list of things I've noticed while doing this is to make our
> > in4_chksum use the asm chksum version we've got, as we're based on
> > sparc's cksum stuff I'll update us to match those changes.
>
> Ooh yes, that would be excellent.

Done, tested (probably not 100% thoughly, but a make depend and make of a
kernel over NFS worked), checked in.

netio says it gains us about 1% testing between a CATS and a PC, I'll try on
my Risc PC at some point, as that may see a bigger gain.

Cheers,
Chris