Subject: Re: ARM ELF TODO list
To: Matt Thomas <>
From: Ben Harris <>
List: port-arm
Date: 04/24/2001 19:05:37
On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, Matt Thomas wrote:

> >* (gcc) Ensure 8-byte stack alignment on function entry
> Why 8 byte?

I was onder the impression that ATPCS required this, but I can't find the
reference now.  In <URL:
21/0024.html>, Richard claimed:

# 8-byte alignment of the stack is required by the ATPCS, however, it does
# not specify that the stack should at all times remain strictly aligned (in
# effect, the only requirement is that when control passes from one function
# to another the stack is 8-byte aligned -- at other times, it is up to the
# implementation).

> >* Decide how to do shared libraries (follow Linux? ATPCS?)
> What are the issues?
> Isn't more of just supporting the relocs exported by ld?

I don't know.  I haven't yet had to find out how shared libraries work
under the covers.

> >* (gas) Support for ARM ELF PIC relocations (didn't work last time I
> >   checked)
> >* (ld.elf_so) Support for ARM ELF
> This I can do.

Oh good.

> >* (gdb) Support ARM ELF
> I would imagine this falls out of bfd.

I hope so.  I haven't actually checked.

Portmaster, NetBSD/arm26               <URL:>