Subject: Re: disksubr* and src/sbin/disklabel
To: IWAMOTO Toshihiro <>
From: Ben Harris <>
List: port-arm
Date: 03/12/2001 12:38:32
On Mon, 12 Mar 2001, IWAMOTO Toshihiro wrote:

> As hpcarm is finally approaching to multiuser and it should use
> sys/arch/hpc/hpc/disksubr.c, I'd like to move disksubr* references
> in files.arm to files.arm26 and files.arm32.
> (disksubr*.c will continue to stay under arch/arm/arm.)

That seems like a reasonable idea to me.

> Also, I'd like to change #ifdef __arm32__'s in
> src/sbin/disklabel/disklabel.c to #ifdef FILECORE and define macros in
> its Makefile based on ${MACHINE} value.

Hrm.  This seems wrong to me (though so is leaving tests based on
__arm32__).  We'd really like all binaries to be the same across ARM
systems if at all possible.  Would it be feasible to switch at run-time?

> Are there any problems or better idea?

Well, I'd say that disklabel handling in NetBSD needs to be entirely
reworked anyway, but I'm not volunteering to do it.

Portmaster, NetBSD/arm26               <URL:>