Subject: Need some help,
To: None <port-arc@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Herzberg <thg20@cc.fh-lippe.de>
List: port-arc
Date: 04/24/2002 11:02:26
--=====================_591250==_.ALT

Hello

I'm get an original Mips Magnum maschine in the original delivery status
(Memory, OS is Risc/os latest patchlevel),
but this maschine was working as an standalone server without a graphic card.
So my problem is that the maschine runs in bigEndian mode and at the moment
i couldn't do anything with it, only
let it run with it ugly old OS.
My first question is, does anyone know how i can change the firmware
without a graphic card to little endian. Or
where i can get a card for this maschine (if its possible temporarly only).
My 2nd. does exist an bigEndian port of netbsd for this maschine.
Some details of my maschine:
Mips Magnum R4000 with R4000/SC CPU
128 MB RAM
4x 1GB SCSI HD's
Adaptec SCSI Controller
WAN Adapter (i didn't know the type, no label on it)
Kidan Controller (Kienzle Terminal network, arg)
and the heavyest Computer i know (over 200 lb)

So I hope someone could help me a little thing to run Netbsd on this nice
maschine.

Thanks Tom
--=====================_591250==_.ALT

I'm get an original Mips Magnum maschine in the original delivery status
(Memory, OS is Risc/os latest patchlevel),<br>
but this maschine was working as an standalone server without a graphic
card.<br>
So my problem is that the maschine runs in bigEndian mode and at the
moment i couldn't do anything with it, only <br>
let it run with it ugly old OS. <br>
My first question is, does anyone know how i can change the firmware
without a graphic card to little endian. Or<br>
where i can get a card for this maschine (if its possible temporarly
only).<br>
My 2nd. does exist an bigEndian port of netbsd for this maschine.<br>
Some details of my maschine:<br>
Mips Magnum R4000 with R4000/SC CPU<br>
128 MB RAM<br>
4x 1GB SCSI HD's<br>
Adaptec SCSI Controller<br>
WAN Adapter (i didn't know the type, no label on it)<br>
Kidan Controller (Kienzle Terminal network, arg)<br>
and the heavyest Computer i know (over 200 lb)<br><br>
So I hope someone could help me a little thing to run Netbsd on this nice
maschine.<br><br>
Thanks Tom</html>