Subject: Re: arc on an NEC RT-4620-2775?
To: None <port-arc@netbsd.org>
From: Chris <root@fast.dnswatch.com>
List: port-arc
Date: 10/29/2001 22:13:24
Jason R Thorpe wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 12:45:54AM -0800, Chris wrote:
>
>  > Hello,
>  >  I am a newbie to the unix on the arc. I currently (2yrs now) running
>  > FreeBSD on several machines of the Insmell, ahem... Intel arch.
>  > I am *very* pleased to have now found such wide support in
>  > OpenBSD for the MIPS arch! :o)
>
> Well, you are on a NetBSD mailing list... and...

Ahhh... How right you are. Forgive me...

>  >  I have an NEC RT-4620-275. It has RAM support on the

a little correction here is in order, in case anybody overlooked it.
The model is an: RT-4620-2775.

>  > MotherBoard and a RAM DaughterBoard and SCSI DaughterBoard
>  > (all NEC). Will *any* of the OpenBSD arc versions install on this
>  > machine? Am I even in the correct NewsGroup? - please say yes. :o)
>
> OpenBSD has deleted their ARC port.  So, since you are on a NetBSD
> mailing list, you have come to the right place.

Again, thou art correct, of course. I am afraid after *so* much searching
and research. The text on the pages all seem to run together. I think this
might be my que to get a little more sleep. Sorry, and thank you John.

> As for the specifics of that model, I'll let someone else answer :-)

I'll be looking forward to it. :o)