Subject: RE: FW: NEC RiscStation and NetBSD
To: David Hopper <dhop@nwlink.com>
From: Bob Meader <bob@cci.net>
List: port-arc
Date: 09/17/2001 12:25:14
It might be the real time clock is set to wrong address...
I had something similar to this on RiscServer 2200
until I changed it...Specifically what was happening,the
kernel after mounting root filesystem, hung trying
attempting to read clock chip if the clock address
is incorrect,(goes into tight loop reading clock status).
Possible kernel fix maybe to change arc/arc/clock_mc.c
to be like NEC_R96 not like NEC_RD94 as it currently...