Subject: Re: New SONIC driver
To: None <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-arc
Date: 07/03/2001 23:30:33
In <20010702175438.D23394@dr-evil.shagadelic.org>
thorpej@zembu.com wrote:

> I wrote a new SONIC driver from scratch today.  It's MI and uses the
> bus_dma(9) framework.  As soon as I get NetBSD installed on my NEC
> Image, I'll do some testing, but will likely want others to test as
> well.

Cool! I planned it recently, but it never happened :-)

BTW, I think the MI SONIC driver should also be shared with
mac68k and newsmips, then I have some questions:

1) Some SONIC boards for mac68k uses 16-bit mode.
   (see mac68k/dev/if_snvar.h) How is it handled in your driver?

2) It seems that the AP-bus SONIC for newsmips can only transfer
   data into/from on-board memory. How should we handle this?
   Should we implement special bus_dma(9) functions for it
   to perform bounce buffer?

Anyway, I can test your driver on my Express5800/230.
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp