Subject: Re: netbsd/arc 1.5.1 beta2(with install) iso image ready for
To: None <port-arc@netbsd.org>
From: Ross Alexander <rossalexander@home.com>
List: port-arc
Date: 05/26/2001 09:03:02
* bob meader <bob@cci.net>:

> Ross Alexander wrote:
>
>> I'm having trouble with this, maybe someone can help me figure out
>> what I'm doing wrong.
>
> I'll do a sanity check tomorrow at the office to see I didn't have a
> bad image...The way I made the iso.image is I first  burned the CD on

Have you had a chance to check on it? I'm still curious if I was going
about things the right way.

I just finished an install -- booting from the cd I put together as per
your instructions. It went pretty smoothly, there were just a couple of
hitches, maybe not your problem(s).

1) After I selected a timezone install said I was done -- it didn't
automatically go into network configuration. (It's been a while since
I've done a NetBSD install, perhaps this is the way it's designed to
work?)

2) I manually selected network configuration from the menu, set
everything up, but apparently it didn't get saved as there was no
network configuration after I rebooted.

3) I'm booting (netbsd.eco) from a fat partition on sd0, but NetBSD is
on sd1, right now I have to enter sd1a as the root partition each time
I boot. I know I can set that manually, but was install supposed to set
that up for me?

--
Ross Alexander
rossalexander@home.com