Subject: Re: Just Checking
To: Shuichiro URATA <ur@a-r.org>
From: bob meader <bob@cci.net>
List: port-arc
Date: 03/25/2001 16:20:39
> > Oh I should mention Urata's ncr700 driver doesn't
> > support SYNCHRONOUS transfers so
> > make sure your hard drive is confiured that way...
>
> No need to configure on SCSI device.
> After bus reset, default transfer method is always asynchronous.

Well I was just guessing ... I am a bit of a loss as to why Matt
ishaving problem with SCSI...It does work with my r2200 server
and Ross's express 2200 server...I am assuming Matt's server
recently ran NT ok and now trying to install NetBSD...I would
think if SCSI termination was incorrect on scsibus1 the buss would
timeout in 2 seconds..
I don't have any devices connected to my scsibus0 and the driver
does timeout after 2 seconds...One remote possibility is
r2200 server and r2200 express server although slighty different
hardware report same 'productID' from arc firmware...maybe
a third design exists reporting the same 'productID'.