Subject: [Fwd: Installation "image" now ready for testing on RISC server 2200!]
To: None <port-arc@netbsd.org>
From: bob meader <bob@cci.net>
List: port-arc
Date: 03/23/2001 11:56:34
--------------61B39BB948E9CADCE750C9FF

Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 11:54:59 -0800
From: bob meader <bob@cci.net>
To: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp>

> Hi,
> I'm sorry to be late to incorporate your several patches.
>
> > I just finished converting the hpcmips installation
> > program to mips/arc and built a kernel with
> > ramdisk containg a root file system.
>
> --
> soda

Actually I got at lot of changes that I need to make diff's.
First the kernel -src ...
one) incorporated Urata's driver stuff to get ncr700 scsi.
two)raster driver 640x400x16 80x25 console driver
with vt support. Need to slightly modify to get
Magnum to work.
three)corrected mmap() for X11 server to get
framebuffer to work and remove usage of /dev/mem
so kernel can be left in secure mode. Currently
only did change for cirrus/r2200 risc server,need
to apply to Magnum as well.
Second Xserver
one) Added "ArcArchitecture"
two)Update 'bsd' os-support to correctly
mmap via wscons (ttyEx)
three)SVGA builds now (only have cirrus)
driver..required a bunch of changes to driver
(original driver had lot of x86 assembly).
I noticed cirrus 54x being dropped in
xfree86 version 4.x so xfree86 3.3.6
may be last driver for r2200.
Third 'distrib' section of "src" tree added
'arc' ... first pass may not be entirely correct
but good enough to little people install now.

Currently in the various src tree's I saved
the old files as ".orig" added new ones didn't
do a diff file or changelog...I need desperately
need some volunters to look over what
I changed ,query one me what I done,
cleanup changes etc...

Any takers?