Subject: Re: NCR53C710 driver (Re: really stupid newbie needs lots of help)
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-arc
Date: 02/16/2001 18:18:25
On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 10:30:38PM +0900, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> I've got NEC Express5800/230A, which seems mostly identical with
> RISCstation 2250. Then I'm also interested in NCR53c710 support.
>
> I know amiga and mvme68k have working NCR53c710 driver,
> but I think it is better to switch to MI siop driver.
> What is your driver based on, Urata-san?
>
> Manuel, how much work should be done on current siop driver
> to support NCR53c710?

For sure we need a MI driver for the 710, but this can't be siop (we need
an osiop :). The 8xx serie is close to the 720, but the 710 is quite
different: limited feature set (can't run a 720 SCRIPT), different register
set.
I think starting from the amiga siop driver to make an MI 710 driver should
be quite easy (just need to convert it to bus_space/bus_dma).