Subject: Re: Some Video and system info for NEC RISC 2200.
To: bob meader <bob@cci.net>
From: Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
List: port-arc
Date: 02/09/2001 15:48:05
In message <3A84720D.753191C8@cci.net> bob meader writes:
: Note for Warner Losh ... he suggested
: I use the 'arc' printout to get the
: physical address...NEC chose to report a
: ''vendor defined record' instead of using
: 'Arc' defined resouce records.

I've been able to decode vendor defined records.  I just tried the
addresses that look like they might be valid within the "unformatted"
stream of bytes.  This may or may not work, but might be a way to
winnow the information out of the card.  Also, if you were disassemble
the driver, I'm sure that it would tell you where the address or
addresses are in the card and how they are calculated.

It is evil and difficult, but might help.

If you have WinNT running, you might be able to see the resources
that the display is using and "guess" from there.

Warner